Eviction Defense: If you have been served a notice to pay rent or quit, notice to quit, or Summons and Complaint for an eviction action (unlawful detainer), please seek immediate assistance to protect your rights. Please visit ICLC at the Eviction Assistance Center.  If you are unable to meet with someone from ICLC today please click here for other places to find help.

  • ICLC at the Eviction Assistance Center: Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m (closed from noon-1:00 p.m. for lunch) and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The Eviction Assistance Center only handles eviction actions which were filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse.
Eviction Assistance Center
Stanley Mosk Courthouse
First Floor, Room 115
111 North Hill Street
Los Angeles, CA 90011 map
  • Tenants’ Rights Presentations: Presentations are given to groups of tenants, staff of other nonprofit organizations, and community groups.  To schedule a free Tenants’ Rights Presentation on ICLC’s services, the Rent Stabilization Ordinance, landlord, and tenants rights and responsibilities, what constitutes a habitability violation, how to file complaints with government agencies, lead hazards, and other housing related issues please contact:

Roberto Cabrales, Director of Tenant Organizing, at RCabrales@innercitylaw.org.

  • Slum Housing: If you are a tenant in a multi-unit rental property experiencing substandard conditions like bed bugs, cockroaches, rats, holes in the walls or ceilings, little or no utilities, or similar issues, please call us at (213) 891-2880

  • Lead Hazard Remediation Program: If you live in a property built before 1978, have peeling paint and children under the age of six visit or live with you, you may qualify for free lead safe painting services to your unit. Please click here to find out how to qualify to have your property made lead safe free of cost.
  • LA City Housing Department and LA County Department of Public Health Complaints:
    • To lodge a complaint with Los Angeles Housing Department (LAHD) regarding illegal rent increases, click here to fill-out the online form or click here to print the form.
    • To lodge a complaint with Los Angeles Housing Department regarding lead paint, lack of heat, defective flooring, plumbing leaks, sewage problems, electrical issues, or broken windows, click here.
    • To lodge a complaint with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health regarding mold, or bed bug, cockroach, or rat infestations, click here.