Get Help

Inner City Law Center is a nonprofit law firm that provides low-income Los Angeles residents free legal services for housing and homelessness related issues. Below is a list of our priority areas, with information on how to get help:

Slum Housing: If you live in an unhealthy apartment building, with many of the conditions listed below, please click here for information about how we can help.

  • Damp or leaking ceilings or walls
  • Holes in walls, floors, or carpet
  • Falling plaster or peeling paint
  • No heat or hot water
  • Infestation of roaches, rodents, or insects
  • Missing or broken windows
  • Missing or torn window screens
  • Leaking plumbing
  • Missing or broken smoke detectors
  • Unclean common areas
  • Inadequate trash collection
  • Unsafe stairways or railings
  • Inadequate security or locks
  • Defective electrical wiring

Eviction Defense: If you are being evicted and have received either an eviction notice or a summons and complaint, or if you are involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, please click here for information about how we can help.

Homeless Veterans: If you are a homeless veteran in need of assistance with your VA benefits claim, or assistance with other benefits issues, a discharge upgrade or other matters, please click here for information about our clinics for veterans.

Public Benefits: If you need assistance with public benefits issues such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, CalWorks, CalFresh or General Relief, please click here to find out how we can help.

HIV/AIDS Legal Assistance: If you are living with HIV/AIDS and require legal assistance with a rental housing or public benefits issue, please click here to find out how we can help.

ICLC does not provide assistance with immigration law, family law, bankruptcy law, or other areas of law not listed above. If you seek assistance in these areas of law please visit our Referrals Page to learn what other resources are available.

To learn more about Inner City Law Center’s practice areas please visit our Services Page. To contact us, please visit our Contact Us Page.