Los Angeles is the homelessness capital of the United States with over 45,000 people living on our streets every night. Although the 50-square-block neighborhood known as Skid Row is ground zero for LA homelessness, Skid Row is actually a diverse community with even more residents living in housing than on the streets. Skid Row is also home to thriving businesses and nonprofits and provides several outstanding examples of permanent supportive housing, the ultimate solution to long-term homelessness.
We invite you to learn more about Skid Row and how you can become part of Inner City Law Center’s work to end homelessness and slum housing by joining us for a walking tour of our Skid Row neighborhood. Our next tours are:
- Friday, January 27, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, February 24, 10–11:30 a.m. – Tour FULL
- Friday, March 24, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 28, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 19, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, June 23, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, July 21, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, August 18, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 29, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, October 20, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Friday, November 17, 10–11:30 a.m.
Please RSVP at email@example.com or (213) 891-2880. Tours start promptly so that we can be done within the scheduled time. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. Parking is available on Industrial Street or at the parking meters on Central Avenue.